no problem! [np] or [np!] is an (mostly) non-translating, (mostly) non-sourcing (mostly) Anime, Manga and Music RG. Most of our releases are BD muxes with single audio, fixed subs (from other groups) and AAC audio
How we encode and release:
- we do custom muxes when we believe a reasonably sized, single audio, 1920x1080 BD (2nd: WEB) release with the best available subs does not exist
- QC and batching for other releases; including fixing, retiming, sub edits/fixes, filling in missing gaps in BD/OVA subs etc.
- encoding work where necessary, including x265 releases when a noticable return in size reduction is seen (generally only for movies)
- We do NOT use:
- dual audio UNLESS we feel there is a advantage in the dub either due to improvement/change (i.e. Ghost Stories) or Engrish (i.e. Black Lagoon, Psycho-Pass: The Movie)
- lossless audio encoding which has no real benefit most of the time and unnesicarily takes up space
- unreasonbly large file sizes for the nature of anime releases, such as REMUXes
- ordered chapters which do not work with media platforms such as plex, emby or kodi and offer only minimal file size reduction for a lot of hassle. Encoders
insist on using this to scrape of a few hundred mb per epsiode, when simply encoding in x265 would also achieve the same results anyway
new releases on animebytes and my ftp server, you are free to redistribute on public sites and anywhere except streaming sites.
also a lot of old fixing releases under this tag are floating around, but i dont have a list. all were released very loosly, some even over IRC and others via nyaa.se
- Bulk Rename Utility
- analog setup: ONKYO Casette Deck (LINE OUT currently broken), Toshiba SR-225 Turntable, SB-225 Amp